Friday, June 6, 2014

That Which We Call a Rose

"What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title."

Who doesn't love a little Romeo and Juliet to begin this beautiful weekend we're about to embark upon here is sunny, warm (and little humidity) Virginia?

As I've begun to write my own blog I've had to do some scrutinizing over other people's. What do I like, whose would I like to emulate, whose do I hope to never see again, whose funny, entertaining and keeps me going through the backlog of posts, which one's do I not even make it past the first sentence? With these and so many more questions, I feel a little like Columbus. It's as though I'm discovering a new land, except in truth it's already been inhabited for hundreds of years.

The thing that I have most recently discovered is that, more often than not, family members have code names. People seem to have differing reasons on why and some don't tell you at all, but typically their real names are left out.

So the other night while I was working on a puzzle being really productive I asked He Who Shall Not Be Named, "So you're supposed to have a nickname on my blog, what would you like to be?" Silence... "I don't know. What do you think?" Silence... me - totally straight faced and serious, "I was thinking, how about Hunka Hunka Burning Love." From the kitchen I hear, "Bahahahahahhaha... Really?!"

After a tiny amount of brainstorming and debate it has been decided that He Who Shall Not Be Named will from henceforth be referred to as my Hunka Hunka Burning Love.

A year ago today that special man proposed, so here's to you my Hunka Hunka Burning Love.


Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Til, I'm loving your blog. And I can totally hear Mr. Hunka Hunka laughing at you when you gave him his name. We miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete