Monday, October 6, 2014

Happy Autumn

Photo/art credit to Katie Daisy.
As of Monday, September 22 at 10:29 p.m. autumn is officially here! I LOVE FALL! It is my favorite season by far. My favorite used to be spring, and I can't really pinpoint why that has changed, but nevertheless it has. I still love spring though. I want two weeks of summer, for the beach, two weeks of winter, for Christmas and New Years, and then I want the rest to be split between fall and spring!

Things to love about Fall!
  • First fires in the fireplace
  • Snuggling under warm blankets
  • The colors changing on the leaves - The Blue Ridge is an incredible place to see this
  • The crunch of leaves beneath your feet
  • Pumpkin patches and a corn maze
  • Pumpkins and mums on people's doorsteps
  • Burberry perfume - it is fall in a bottle. One spritz and you're cuddled up on the couch; eating something warm; smelling fires, deep tanons of red wine and brightly colored crisp leaves
  • Brunswick stew, chili (red and white), jambalaya, gumbo, etc.
  • Football and tailgates
  • My Hunka Hunka Burning Love's birthday
  • Going on walks with my HHBL and handing him every beautiful leaf, so that by the end he has an entire bouquet of the richest reds, oranges and yellows
  • The bright, chilly breeze across your cheeks and through your hair
  • Wearing scarves!

Welcome Fall, I'm so glad you're here!

1 comment:

  1. "My favorite used to be spring, and I can't really pinpoint why that has changed, but nevertheless it has." Good thing spring's feelings can't be hurt by this! I'd have to agree with you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete