Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Wish List

My Hunka Hunka Burning Love and I have been doing a lot of thinking for the future. While we're still in a place of stability we know that a great deal of change and transition is headed our way. We're moving (just down the street) in August, we're expecting a baby in Oct, he'll graduate in May and after May we still currently have no idea where we're headed or what he'll be doing.

I actually like change, I'm not one of those people who does anything to avoid it. While I don't necessarily like hauling all the boxes in and out of a truck to move, I don't mind packing everything up and then unpacking it all and re-setting up home.

Speaking of home, as My HHBL and I get ready to move in a few weeks and then potentially again in a year, I have come to find myself making a little checklist of things that I would one day love to actually have in my home, but for at least the next 20 years I'll just deal with dreaming about them. In no particular order I have included the luxuries for my never gonna happen future home.

A Viking Stove (I'd take this whole setup really, just add one of those water spigots that comes out of the wall so you can fill up a big pasta pot, I have to keep My Italian HHBL happy.) Please note this picture is a two-fer because it is also a double oven. Isn't she a beaut?

Farm Sink (I'd really take this entire photo, but make the counter tops white).

A super comfy and bright Sun Room for watching TV, playing with the kids, reading and napping. I love, love, love natural light. A house that requires no lights from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. would be incredible. My parents' home is actually pretty dark, except for my bedroom and the Sun Room where we spent 90% of our time. So the need for natural light I blame on my mom.

A big jetted tub, it'd be nice, but I don't need it. What I'd rather have is a nice big claw foot tub. Have to make sure it goes up on one end so you can rest your head. Otherwise, you have to slink down in the tub and then your feet or knees end up really cold.

Gas lanterns. I fell in love with these when I lived in NOLA and I just think they're soo sexy.


With this photo I'm testing your deduction skills...
That's right in order to have a dock you have to live on the water. More than the things above, I want to live on the river. While my family didn't/doesn't actually live on the water, we basically grew up every weekend in the summer at the river; skiing, knee boarding, tubing, wake boarding, etc. Unfortunately for me, the thing I want the most is by far the most expensive and difficult to obtain. Maybe I do need the claw foot tub, so I can just pretend I'm swimming in the river.

p.s. I take no photo credit, these were all swiped from google... except for the one below.

Isn't this little tyke soo cute?


2 comments:

  1. That old photo of you is so great! Good luck with your next move! (Also, totally unrelated, I decided to make my blog private and sent you and invite... Let me know if you didn't get it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest tyke! Great sign for that baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete