Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Lattes

Although I don't get them often, I am such a sucker for a caramel latte with skim milk.

When My Hunka Hunka Burning Love and I first started dating he worked at a local coffee shop in town, so he'd often stop by my office or on a Sat or Sun morning he'd bring my a "yummy treat." Essentially, my addiction is his fault. As a one income family with someone in grad school, we attempt to be very conscious about our spending habits. The career services office at the law school told the students if they ever walked into their office complaining about money woes holding a Starbucks cup they'd get no sympathy and be kicked out.

My HHBL still spoils me though, because every morning he wakes up and makes a pitcher (?) of French press coffee for us. However, in the month of September we get FREE LATTES! Thank you Hot Cakes! In the month of September Hot Cakes gives one free latte a day to all U.Va. staff, students and faculty. It's fabulous! Nothing gets Fall off to a great start like a free caramel latte every morning.


The sad news is, that nobody reminded me and so we didn't get our first one until this morning. But, we kicked it off in style and also split a pumpkin muffin - oh heaven! So long French press, I will see you again on October 1st.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of living in Charlottesville. Keep enjoying those lattes from Hot Cakes, Tilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are my fave muffins!!!! reminds me of Brenda.

    ReplyDelete