Thursday, September 4, 2014

School's In Session

Good bye beach, until we meet again next summer.

School is officially underway for my Hunka Hunka Burning love and myself. But, my HHBL and I headed down to the beach, just one last time, for Labor Day weekend before saying our good byes until next year. I'm not much of a fan of summer or winter. I just need about two weeks of each. One week of winter for Thanksgiving and Christmas and two weeks for the beach. The rest of the time can be fall and spring for me.

Here are some highlights from our beach trips to tide me over until next year.

This picture is blurry because the turtle was moving so fast it was hard to capture.
My mother's perfect day at the beach includes a book, her umbrella, some wine coolers and of course peanuts with the shell. However, this is evidence that my mother is not the only one with the craze for peanuts. I was with my HHBL's family when we found these shells that I had to shuffle through in order to put my towel down. It was actually quite sweet to have a little bit of my own mom with me while I spent time with my in-laws.


While most of the houses at beach communities are awful, gaudy or a little too shabby chic for my admiration, my HHBL and I found this little gem that we'd like to buy one day. It's on the Sound side in OBX, so you get to watch the sunset over the water every night - ahhhh, magical!


Family photos 2014

Luzars - Isle of Palms

Greenes - OBX

Last but not least, the signs of love...

My HHBL is such an arteest

Have no fear if I accidentally leave my rings at home because I took them off to put on lotion. The sun has helped to brand me as a married woman. I don't need no stinkin' rings to show that I'm off the market. The pale spot on my finger almost blinds me more than my bling bling.


 Ok, you get the picture, I love the beach for two weeks in the summer and I really love vacation. Enough is enough, good bye summer beach vacations. Using the words from one of my favorite books, "TTFN, ta ta for now."

No comments:

Post a Comment