Friday, September 12, 2014

Project Completion: Numero Uno!

If you know me well then you know that I typically always like to keep my hands busy with a project. As they say, idle hands are the devil's handywork. However, you probably also know that my timeline for completetion is indefinite. A slight purpose for this blog was to document those fun projects that do get completed. I teased you a little with this post, but have yet to update you on my success, but I promise it's coming. I have less that 1/4 left to finish. If I can finish in the next few weeks, it might be the quickest project completion to date.

Here's a pillow I made. I started this circa fall 2011 and completed it circa spring 2014. Only 2.5 years isn't bad. I stole borrowed the pattern from something I found online, drew it only the canvas, picked the colors and needlepointed it. Then turned it in to a b-e-a- utiful pillow!


 
I'll save my Hunka Hunka BL a little dignity and not post the pic of him taking a little nappy poo with it. I joked that by the time I finished it better be his favorite napping pillow. He was proving to me that indeed it was. Except now I don't want him to nap with it, because I don't want it to get ruined.


Woohoo, I actually completed a project... at least most of the way at this point.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you did the entire thing by needlepoint! That makes two and a half years seem like lightning speed. Darn those spelling errors, hence the deleted comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal was to make another with the colors inverted... but that might take a while. I need a break for the time being. Two colors and an easy pattern that allows for errors makes needlepointing a lot easier :)

      Delete